Temporary for one year – From September 2018
Appointment Type: Temporary 1 year contract
Hours: Full Time
Required from September 2018, an outstanding KS2 teacher to join our talented school team.
At Aston Hall J&I school our pupils and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe, and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher with energy and vision to join our dedicated and skilled teaching team. We aim to appoint someone who can make a real difference and help secure outstanding outcomes for our children and families.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a dedicated, inspiring and hardworking practitioner, who has the drive and enthusiasm to be an outstanding teacher, adapting teaching to the needs of all pupils
- Work in close partnership with all stakeholders to raise achievement and standards to the next level across our partnership
- Have the knowledge and experience to teach across the KS2 curriculum
- Have a sound understanding of the curriculum, the assessment and reporting requirements and classroom practice in KS2
- Be an individual who seeks out and relishes professional development challenges and has a positive attitude to innovation and change;
- Be a team player who is friendly, positive, proactive and has excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and committed to achieve the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being and achieve our vision of all children being able to ‘believe, achieve, succeed’.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children
- A whole team approach to education
- Highly effective CPD with opportunities across all phases
- A wide range of career opportunities as part of an existing successful partnership working
- An inclusive approach to education
- The opportunity to be part of a driven, skilled and dedicated team which is part of a wider multi-academy trust
- The support of a friendly, committed and motivated staff and leadership team
- Involved and supportive parents
The School is part of Wickersley Partnership Trust, a successful and collaborative partnership committed to raising aspirations and attainment for our children. As part of the Trust, we can offer the successful candidate a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression.
We welcome and actively encourage visits to our school to find out more. Visits have been scheduled for Thursday 1st March at 4pm and Tuesday 6th March at 9:30am.
To arrange a visit or request an application form or further details, please contact the school office on 0114 2879811, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Wednesday 14th March at noon (completed application forms should preferably be returned to the school by email).
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 21st March.
After the closing date, short-listing will commence; if we have not contacted you within 7 days of the closing date you can assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
This position is subject to an enhanced disclosure check and further details can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young/vulnerable people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.