The Local Governing Body (LGB) is a committee of the Wickersley Partnership Trust Board and is made up of representative governors from Aston Lodge Primary School and Aston Hall J&I School. The LGB oversees the two primary schools under a collaborative arrangement with an Executive Head Teacher responsible for both schools. Each school also has its own Head of School.
The LGB has two sub-committees;
- Strategic Operational (SO) Committee;
- Teaching and Attainment (TA) Committee.
Each sub-committee has Associate Members and senior members of staff attend in an advisory capacity.
The delegated duties of the LGB is set out in the “Scheme of Delegation” which can be seen on the WPT web-site: wickersleypartnershiptrust.org
The work of our governing body can be divided into three key areas:
- setting the school’s vision and strategic aims, agreeing on plans and policies, and making creative use of resources
- monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher to support and challenge them in managing the school
- ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employ
Meet the Governor!
Members of our Governing Body attend events in school such as ‘Meet the teacher’, Parents’ Evening, performances etc. to make themselves available to you and receive feedback on what you think we do well and where you would like to see changes and improvements to practice.