Chair of Governors
Pupil Premium and Sport Premium Governor
Vice Chair of Governors
Safeguarding and Looked After Children Governor
Members who have served in the past twelve months
Please note that the governance of the school changed from a Joint Governing Body to a Local Governing Body in June 2018. The following information therefore reflects the fact that governors were elected or co-opted to their individual respective schools from the joint body, resulting in several changes as outlined below.
- Rachael Hayes – Resigned 17th October 2017
- Fiona Antcliff – Resigned 10th October 2017
- Emily Smith – Resigned 15th February 2018
- Lisa Stones – Term expired on reconstitution 4th June 2018
- Hayley Middleton – Term expired on reconstitution 4th June 2018
- Hannah Rowbotham – Term expired on reconstitution 4th June 2018
- Donna Humphries – Term expired on reconstitution 4th June 2018
- Paula Bestall – Term expired on reconstitution 4th June 2018
What does the Governing Body do?
The work of the Governing Body is carried out for one purpose only and that is to give the children the best possible start in their school life by providing the very best in terms of the education they receive. The Governing Body is made up of the Headteacher, and members of the school community and wider Wickersley Partnership Trust where possible. The position of school governor is a voluntary one, but it demands a high level of commitment, both in time but also responsibility as the decisions made directly affect the children.
The Governors work closely with the Headteacher and meet regularly. Decisions are democratic, with all governors being given as much information as possible to aid them in that decision-making process, ensuring lively often lengthy and healthy discussions prior to decision making. Their work is focused around teaching and learning and in ensuring the school is offering the best possible values for its pupils.
The Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities, they can only act together, they cannot act as individuals.
Governors are appointed to help:
- Decide what is
- Set standards of
- Agree targets for continual school
- Interview and select
- Monitor and engage with teaching and learning
School Governors can be:
- WPT members